Friday 5 August 2011

Creative colour workshop.

I have recently signed up for the new class by Christie Tomlinson: Creative colour. Its all about sourcing colour inspiration from your surrounds, internet, magazines etc and creating mood boards. Its designed to get you to think about colours you wouldnt neccesarily choose.

So i had a play day with my daughter's Sarah and Sarah (Confused!!!!, one is my own and one is adopted, lol). My adopted sarah is severly autistic but just loves to do arts and crafts. We had such a great time, and L Sarah sat for over 3 hours before she lost her focus.

Here are some pics of the preparation and making the backgrounds.











Even my 9 month old grandaughter got in on the act.





and the finished product. Mine is the green/ mustard one, Big Sarah's is the larger yellow one, its for Rebecca's room and the blue/ pink one is L sarah's.





Isnt this outstanding for a very autistic young lady. All her own work except the rub ons which i did for her.





Cant wait for more classes.

TFL

Chris

5 comments:

Jennifer Grace said...

These are gorgeous!

Found my way here via LSNED. Have just become a follower of your blog as these canvases are so cool I couldn't resist! Well done on getting the whole family involved.

See you in class! Jennifer x

Gail said...

each one is so gorgeous, love all the textures and colours. . . very, very nice!

Shirley said...

Lovely to come along and catch up on your blog Chris.
All the canvases are great, love the techniques and the colours.
Well done L Sarah. X

Debbie P said...

These are lovely! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris
I'm in receipt of your nature Art journal and I am bowled over by the amazing work you have done in it so I thought i would have a nosey at your bloggy and I am stunned at your beautiful art work and that of your 2 x DD's and DGD.
These little canvases are STUNNING - you are such a talented artist!
Delighted that I am the first recipient of your CJ - just hope that I can do it justice.
Regards
Chris G x